Please join with other deliberate mothers including Power of Moms Founders and acclaimed trainers, April Perry and Saren Eyre Loosli for an amazing weekend of learning, sharing and fun.
The Hobby Family has graciously allowed us to use their lovely home in Glenhaven for our Retreat. Their home is about 50 minutes from the Sydney airport, 10 minutes from the M2 freeway. Full directions to the Hobby Home will be emailed to all registered attendees. Attendees are responsible for arranging their own overnight accommodations but we have secured some group discounts at nearby hotels. Scroll down for hotel details.
When and What:
You may attend either or both days of this Retreat on March 16-17, 2012 – but we highly recommend that you come to the whole thing!
Schedule and Topics
Join us Friday, March 16th from 1:00pm-6:00pm for:
- Taking Care of the “Me” in the Mom: Filling your well and embracing your own purpose and interests while being your own kind of perfect mother. Through panel discussions and small group discussions, we’ll delve into how you can take care of yourself mentally, physically, spiritually, socially and emotionally so you can be the mom and woman you really want to be.
- Friday night dinner: At the close of our Friday Retreat sessions, we invite you to enjoy an informal evening at the Hobby’s home socializing and eating a casual, delicious dinner with other Retreat attendees. You can include this optional Friday evening activity in your registration price for an additional $20. If you decide later to add the Friday evening activity, you may do so but the price will increase to $30 for the evening.
Join us Saturday, March 17th from 9:00am – 5:00pm for:
- Deliberate Mothering: Key principles of happy, strong, deliberate mothering presented by Power of Moms Founders, April Perry and Saren Eyre Loosli
- Family Systems: Assessing your needs and desires for your children and family so you can create systems that will take your family where you want to go, concrete steps for establishing your own unique family economy, family discipline system and family identity
- In-depth small-group discussions: We’ll spend a lot of the day sharing and hearing tried-and-true ideas for really applying the principles you’ve learned. Discussion topics will include teaching children to work and to understand money, discipline methods, finding more joy in motherhood, prioritizing in a world of so many choices (extracurriculuar activities for moms and kids), creating great family traditions, building strong parenting partnerships with our husbands. Many have said that these small-group discussions are their favorite parts of Retreats.
- Six Steps to Less Stress: Simple methods for organizing your time, tasks and space so you can enjoy more progress and less stress in your life
- Making Great Ideas Into Reality: Tips for how to really apply what you’ve learned in a way that doesn’t overwhelm you or your family
- Great food (afternoon tea is included on Friday, a lovely lunch is included on Saturday as well as morning and afternoon tea, an optional casual dinner is available for Friday evening)
- The chance to connect with and learn from other attendees
- Plenty of laughter
- Free gifts that will help you truly implement all that you’ve learned at the Retreat
Hotel Options: We have reserved 20 rooms at the lovely Hills Lodge which is approximately 10 minutes from the Hobby home. Our special Power of Moms room rate is $158 per room for a Deluxe Room with 1 Queen bed. Also available is a Deluxe Twin Room with 1 queen bed, 1 single bed and a fold out sofa. The rate for this room is $178 based on 2 adults. Any additional persons will incur a $30 charge. Also available is a buffet breakfast for the special price of $20. Rooms will be held until 17th February 2012. Call 02 9680 3800 and ask for a room in the reserved Power of Moms block. If the Hills lodge is full, another good option is Quest Apartments which is also approximately 10 minutes from the Hobby home.
*** If you choose to attend as a Trainer-in-Training, you will go home ready to make a real difference presenting Power of Moms trainings and Retreats using our materials. Click here to learn more about being a Trainer.
- $110 for the 1/2 day Retreat 1.0 on Friday, March 16th from 1-6pm. (Includes snacks, all Power of Moms training fees, and some exciting take-away gifts worth over $50 that will help you implement all that you’ve learned at the Retreat)
- $130 for Friday’s Retreat as well as the casual dinner party on Friday evening. (Dinner and activities will last from 6pm until about 9pm)
- $150 for the full-day Retreat 2.0 on Saturday, March 17th from 9:00am – 5:00pm (includes a lovely lunch, snacks, all Power of Moms training fees, and those same exciting take-away gifts that will help you implement all that you’ve learned at the Retreat)
- $220 for the full Retreat – both Friday and Saturday (save $40 by registering for both events as a package)
- $240 for the full Retreat as well as the Friday night dinner and activities
- $50 extra to come as a Trainer-in-Training–you’ll need to attend the full Retreat then join us for a special 2-hour session following the Retreat from 7:00-9:00pm for Power of Moms Trainer Certification. Please submit a trainer application (at the end of this page) if you’d like to come as a trainer and you’ll be instructed regarding how to make your $50 payment for this session.
According to past Retreat attendees, “I would have paid 10x as much for what I got at the Retreat” and “For anyone thinking about attending a Retreat, I can promise that you will return home from the Retreat a happier, more focused and better mother and wife than ever before.” Click here for more great quotes and testimonials.
Because we’re gathering in a home, we’ll need to limit the number of attendees to 75 attendees. We still have a few spots available. Register now to secure your spot. After you register and pay by scrolling down to our registration form below, we’ll send you a confirmation and further information.
**Nursing Mothers: Mothers with non-mobile, generally quiet nursing babies are most welcome to attend. They should plan to take the baby out if he or she becomes disruptive. Due to space restrictions, strollers are discouraged.
**Registration Cancellation Policy: Deposits are non-refundable. If you’ve paid full price, we can offer a refund minus a $20 administration fee if you find you must cancel your registration by January 9th. If you find you must cancel after January 9th, we can credit what you paid towards a future Retreat or offer you a half-price refund – whichever you’d prefer. If you must cancel less than 14 days prior to the Retreat, we will need to keep $30 of what you’ve paid to cover our non-refundable expenses and can credit you the rest towards a future Retreat or other Power of Moms programs. If someone else wants to take your place (someone you know or someone from our waiting list), we are happy to refund your money minus a $20 service charge up to 14 days in advance of the Retreat.
**Event Cancellation Policy: We do not anticipate this happening, but should we fall short of the number of registrations necessary to cover our expenses by January 13th, 2012, we will have to cancel this Retreat and issue refunds.
**Speakers are subject to change: While we fully anticipate the participation of all speakers outlined above, family circumstances of speakers as well as financial considerations involved in flying speakers to Australia may necessitate changes.
If you have questions, concerns or special circumstances, contact us. We’ll do everything we can to make it possible for you to attend.