Are you looking for a treasure trove of amazing resources for teaching your children values, character, and history?
Two incredible mothers, Jennifer Brimhall and Jessee Stewart, have created a website that you must know about. It’s called Raise the Good, and its goal is to help mothers educate the hearts of their children. The “About” page on the website states,
Aristotle once said, “Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all.” We agree with him. And we want to raise good-hearted, educated, successful kids just like you do.
We also believe that we all have “The Good” inside each of us and that both we and our children all have a vital contribution that only we can make to the world…
Raise the Good is a gathering place where we share, celebrate and absorb excellent resources that make it easy to recognize and raise the good in ourselves, our children and others.
The website is a collection of the best of what Jennifer and Jessee have found to educate the hearts of their own children–and now they are sharing it with the deliberate mothers of the world! The website features:
- reviews of both children’s literature and parenting books
- (See this post: “Carry on, Mr. Bowditch: How an Indentured Servant Changed the World.”
- family movie recommendations with discussion guides
- (See this post: “Temple Grandin: Appreciating the Gifts of Autism.”)
- links to favorite educational Youtube videos
- (See this post: “Devin Graham: Fighting for your Passion“)
- instructions for meaningful traditions that they’ve started in their families
- (See this post: “Forget TED Talks…Welcome FRED Talks!“)
- opportunities for families and children to get involved with service
- (See this post: “Holly Christensen and her Wigs.”)
- hero spotlights of great men and women throughout history that you can share with your children
- (See this post: “Hero Spotlight: The Men of the HMS Birkenhead.“)
This website is unique because you can literally pull up the latest post and use it that day to teach your children. Jennifer and Jessee have done all the researching for you and curated some of the best resources for you to teach your children about character, courage, strength, and goodness.
We hope you will look at the list of what they offer above, and click one of the links to get started educating the hearts of your children today.
Music from Creations by Michael R. Hicks.
Audio Editing by Emily Peterson
Had a really hard time hearing the audio for Jennifer – hope this is a problem that can be remedied! Thanks!
Lisa DeYulia says
cannot hear jennifer.
Same…can’t hear Jennifer. Would love to be able to learn from her! Thanks for all of your great work!
Yes! Can’t hear Jennifer. This sounds like such a good podcast. I hope it can be fixed!
Christy Elder says
I think we’ve got the bugs fixed. Thank you for letting us know and for your patience!
Yes!! Much better!! I subscribe so I get it via my podcast app. Jennifer is still too quiet on that one, but it sounds great on here ?
Can not hear Jennifer on the iPhone app.
Stacie D. says
I could not hear Jennifer on the podcast app for iPhone either, but when I opened it from here, it worked great. And what an excellent podcast! I’m so excited to check out this resource and share it with others.
Thank you so much for this podcast! Oh my goodness. I am seriously sitting here pouring over this website. I have been searching for good book lists. I have been looking for resources like this. What a treasure! Thank you, thank you!