Power of Moms Co-Director, Saren, recently visited her sister, Saydi, who is currently living and of working on a farm with her family. While there, Saren and Saydi recorded this episode where they share the story of how Saydi and family were able to make their dream of farm life happen and how all moms can create beautiful experiences and memories for their families.
Concepts and “mantras” discussed in this episode:
- It takes a lot of courage to really go for our dreams – but it’s worth it.
- Many of our dreams may not happen but hoping and watching and waiting and being brave can result in some exciting dreams coming true.
- It’s important to do uncomfortable things and teach our children to do uncomfortable things.
- Children need out-of-the-ordinary, defining experiences to help them learn real life lessons, to face their fears, to create meaningful memories, and to bond as a family.
- Sometimes our children really don’t want to do things that involve change and stretching but we need to rely on our own intuition and often the things that are hardest for them are best for them.
- Homeschool can be done in a lot of different ways.
- We can persist and make things work even when our beautiful great ideas initially seem like they are destined to be ruined by our children.
- Dreams may need to sit on the shelf for a long time or may need to morph into something different than we’d anticipated, but keeping an eye on the dreams that really resonate for us can really pay off.
- It doesn’t have to be perfect to be perfect.
- Hard is good.
- Live in anticipation of the memory.
- It’s all part of the adventure.
Saydi’s blog post about how this adventure came about (lots of great photos)
Music from Creations by Michael R. Hicks
Audio editing by Christy Elder