Editor’s Note: While Power of Moms is a website for all mothers regardless of their religious interests, we feel it appropriate to occasionally share some of our personal religious/holiday ideas that might be helpful to many families in our community. We hope that the basic principles behind these ideas will be helpful to you, whether or not you celebrate this specific holiday.
In this episode, April and Saren share ideas for celebrating Easter in a meaningful, but very simple way.
Included in this recording are the following ideas:
- Matching your celebrations and activities to the current ages and stages of your family as–well as your personal bandwidth
- Spreading out Easter celebrations by doing short (but meaningful) activities each day of the week leading up to Easter
- Using short videos to help children understand more about Jesus and his death and resurrection (links provided in the Deliberate Mother’s Guide to a Christ-Centered Easter)
- Involving your children (and possibly friends and family members) in the planning and prepraration
- Making egg dyeing more fun and less stressful
- Putting the emphasis on what is most important about this holiday and not worrying if our success isn’t something “pinnable.”
- Much more!
Music from Creations by Michael R. Hicks.
Audio Editing by Emily Peterson