Do you want to be actively involved in your child’s preschool experience?
Would you like to offer your child a truly top-notch preschool experience while paying less than a tenth of what preschool usually costs?
Since 1975, over 200,000 families have participated in do-it-yourself co-op “Joy Schools” where mothers rotate teaching their collective children in their homes using the excellent curriculum we provide. Lesson plans include step-by-step instructions, original songs, stories, games, and activities centered around important themes called “Joys.”
The Joy School curriculum is built around joy — with the philosophy that happy children become strong students and well-adjusted adults. Joy School helps 3, 4, and 5-year-old preschool children learn social skills and foundational pre-academic skills while developing positive character traits and a strong self-image so they can enter school confident and ready to learn.
Click each topic below to learn more:
Sample Lesson Plans:
Features you may wish to note as you look at the lessons below:
- You can click on any activity title on the first page of the lesson plan to go directly to the details on that activity.
- Specific “scripts” for teachers are designated with bullet points.
- Tips to keep in mind are designated with arrows.
- Supplies needed are designated with stars (and suggested supplies are all simple and inexpensive)
- Click on the links for the songs and illustrations to hear the song or see the illustration. (These links in the lesson plans make it easy to teach lessons directly from your phone or tablet if you wish, clicking on songs or illustrations at the right time during the lesson.)
- Each lesson includes a few choices of different art/crafts and other activities. This allows you to tailor the lesson to your situation, choosing the activities that you think would be best for your group and making the lesson longer or shorter based on your needs.
- Lessons can be taught directly from your phone or tablet or they can easily be printed out for moms who prefer a hard copy.
Click the images below to check out complete Joy School lesson plans from three different “Joys.”
Conversation Between Two Joy School Moms
Click below to listen to Saren and Janelle explain why they love Joy School so much. Saren taught Joy School to her five children for 7 years and Janelle has taught for 4 years and is now embarking on her 5th year of Joy School teaching with her 3rd and 4th children in her group this year (her fifth child will be doing Joy School in a couple of years!).
Joy School Group in Action
Click below to see a Joy School group singing the Joy School theme song:
Joy School Membership Cost:
$150 per family for LIFETIME membership to Joy School
With preschool tuition costing well over $250 per MONTH in many areas, we think you’ll agree that Joy School is a very good deal.
Your One-Time Membership Fee includes LIFETIME ONLINE ACCESS to the following:
- Start-Up Manual including overall instructions and training, tips for conducting successful lessons including discipline ideas, instructions for holding parent meetings each month
- Comprehensive and easy-to-follow lesson plans for two 2.5 to 3-hour Joy School sessions each week for a full 9-month school year (a total of over 70 lesson plans). Plans include specific instructions and talking points to present the main theme of the lesson, original stories as well as stories from classic children’s books, and original songs. Each lesson plan also includes several options for arts/crafts and other activities so that you can tailor each lesson plan to the needs of your group (check out the samples above). Lesson plans can be downloaded and printed or taught directly from your tablet or phone. The curriculum can be used year after year as you do Joy School with each of your children when they are 3 and 4 years old.
- Downloadable MP3 files for all the music involved in the lessons (You can make playlists for each month to listen to outside of Joy School and you can click directly from each lesson plan to the music involved in that lesson.)
- Printable illustrations and visual aids for each lesson
- A monthly newsletter full of tips and ideas from other Joy School moms
- BONUS: Your Joy School membership also gives you access to our Power of Moms Member Package worth over $50 that includes our “Clutter Buster Kit,” 2 free eBooks by Joy School Co-Founder, Linda Eyre (I Didn’t Plan to Be a Witch and A Joyful Mother of Children), and our Family Life Audio Series (10 great 30-minute episodes packed with concrete ideas for parents). You’ll see these materials in your Power of Moms account as soon as you activate your Joy School membership.
If you’d like to learn about our “Kindergarten Readiness Supplement” for Joy School program, click here.
* If you have any questions, feel free to send an email to email@example.com.
** Upon completing your registration and payment, you should receive an email with your activation code within a few minutes. If you do not see it, please check your spam folder (once in a while an activation email lands there!). If you do not see it anywhere in your email, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will resend it.
*** If you have previously paid for the complete original Joy School lesson plans at Valuesparenting.com, please email us at email@example.com with your Valuesparenting username and password. Once we have verified your previous membership and payments, we will send you a special link that will allow you to upgrade to the new lesson plans at a special price.