There is something magical about reading books during the holidays. It’s the comfort food of family time and is enjoyed across the ages. Reading together creates memories and slows the hectic pace we often keep as we dash through the holidays.
We gathered responses from our Power of Moms community to see what their favorite holiday books are, and we’ve compiled a fabulous list here that we’re excited to share with you.
A few ideas for how to use this list:
- Keep this list close and each holiday season check out a few from your local library
- Read by candle or Christmas tree light
- Grow a collection – purchase a few each year (get used copies)
- Wrap some books and use as a countdown
- Store your Christmas books under the Christmas tree during the month of December
- Offer a book or two off this list for anyone asking what your children need this year
- Schedule a few minutes of book time into the holiday calendar
- Have each family member take a turn reading one book a night at dinner time
HOLIDAY BOOK LIST
The Bears’ Christmas by Stan and Jan Berenstain (Early Reader)
Henry and Mudge and a Very Merry Christmas by Cynthia Rylant (Early Reader)
Poppleton in Winter by Mark Teague (Early Reader)
QUESTION: Do you remember any favorite Christmas books from your childhood? Which do you most like to read in your family now?
CHALLENGE: Schedule some family time this week to read some Christmas books. Hop on your library website right now and try to put some on hold. Maybe do a Christmas book rotation/swap with your neighbors.
Power of Moms is an Amazon Affiliate. We only promote books we love, and any purchases through our link will help support Power of Moms. Thanks!