It is so important to let our kids experience the joy of helping another. There is no better way to strengthen compassion, responsibility and respect in our children then to get them involved in service. There are many worthy causes to help, but I wanted to provide you with some creative ways to have your kids be a part of the fundraising effort, this will make it that much more meaningful to them! Brainstorm other ideas with your family; let your imaginations run wild and share with us if you have other fun and creative ways to raise money that will make a difference!
- Art Gallery: have children host a gallery event. Place selected artwork from each classroom on display and invite families and community leaders to attend and purchase artwork. 100% of the donations go to support the service club and community projects.
- Talent Show: have children display their talents for an evening of music, culture, and fun. Sell tickets to raise money, also have a silent auction.
- Healthy treat sale.
- Kids for Kids Run: get pledges.
- Used Book Sale: kids bring in gently used books and then have a book sale with all proceeds going towards service projects.
- Teddy bear and toy drive.
- Recycling Program: Mount Boucherie Students can work as mentors in helping to facilitate this program.
- Have your own skip-a-thon.
- Free service for donation: raking leaves, shoveling driveways, gardening etc.
- Battle of the bands: invite local bands to play in a concert and give proceeds to charity.
- Wii or guitar hero contest: have a small fee for participating.
- Spelling Bee: get pledges and have tickets to the main event, all proceeds to charity.
- Plant a tree: ask nursery for donations then get people to sponsor a tree.
- Piniata contest: sell tickets to be a part of the fun.
- Craft sale
- Coupon sale: ask local businesses to donate coupons and put your own book together for sale.
- Hug-o-gram: kids purchase hug-o-grams for a small fee.
- Talent Auction: ask parents, friends, family, teachers and community members to donate their talents for an auction.
- Face Painting
- Sports Tournament: each team has a fee to enter.
- Recipe Book: collect recipes and have printed then sell to raise money.
- Guest Speaker: invite a guest speaker and sell tickets for admission.
- Canadian Idol: have tryouts and ask some local artists to be judges, sell tickets for finale and have each contestant get pledges or have a fee for others to vote.
- Mini triathlon: have a small fee for participants and get pledges.
- Christmas gift wrapping service.
Leave a Reply