Centered around the tried-and-true methods of NY Times Bestselling Authors, Richard and Linda Eyre (who also happen to be Power of Moms Co-Founder Saren’s fabulous parents), our Family Systems training has received rave reviews at our Retreats around the world.
Since we can’t get to everyone in person, we’ve created three 1-hour webinars that offer all the details and coupled them with step-by-step instructions to help you create the right systems for YOUR family.
Now you can benefit from a personal Family Systems training–right in your own home.
- a system or rules and consequences that really works and makes kids WANT to behave
- a family economic system that teaches kids about work and money
- a family culture that makes kids love being part of your family
[collapsible title=”What’s included?” title_prefix=””]
- Three 1-hour webinars full of real-life stories and tried-and true ideas that Power of Moms Founders Saren Loosli and April Perry have gathered from great books as well as their own experiences and those of the thousands of deliberate parents with whom they interact
- Worksheets and family activity guides that will help you apply the principles taught in the webinar to your own unique family desires and circumstances
- Access to our Family Systems forum where you can learn from and share great ideas with other like-minded parents
- Supplemental podcasts and webinars to offer extra ideas and support (including a bonus 1-hour webinar on love languages, a bonus 1-hour webinar on Entitlement by Saren’s parents, NYTimes bestselling authors Richard and Linda Eyre, and our Deliberate Mothering Podcast Series which includes 18 podcasts by Saren, her sisters and her mom – this podcast series sells for $20 on its own.)
[collapsible title=”What specific subjects are covered?” title_prefix=””]
What specific subjects are covered?
All successful institutions (countries, companies, and yep, families too) rely on three basic systems – a legal system (laws, consequences, codes of behavior), an economic system (division of labor and resources), and a culture (the shared values and traditions that make people want to be part of that institution). Our Family Systems training is rooted in principles from books by NYTimes Bestselling Authors, Richard and Linda Eyre and includes the following three sections:
- Building Your Family Legal System (helping children WANT to behave the way you want them to behave by establishing a positive and loving environment with clear and consistent laws and consequences)
- Building Your Family Economic System (teaching your children about work and money through building a micro-economy in your home that mirrors real-world economic principles and helps your children learn the importance of work and the value of money)
- Building Your Family Culture (creating strong family identity and culture that can trump peer culture and offer your children the sense of belonging and fun they crave)
Your family means everything to you, and we’re excited to share these powerful ideas that will bring more peace, order, fun, and meaningful experiences into your home.
Here’s an example of one tried-and-true idea offered as part of this online training series:
[collapsible title=”What are people saying?” title_prefix=””]
What are people saying?
“Before finding the Family Systems training, I felt like my mothering had spiraled downwards to a place where I never thought it would be. I was snappy, impatient and constantly saying those two dreaded words “hurry up” all day long. I found myself spending very little quality time with my children. I cried on my own a lot. I cried to my husband a lot. I felt like I was drowning and just getting through each day doing the bare minimum as a mother…but participating in the Family Systems training helped me realise that while there’s a lot to work on, I am not completely off the rails and I can bring this back on track and reach the desired destination for my family. The new systems are really paying off! We sat down as a family and created a simple list of family rules with clear consequences as suggested – and this is working so much better than the never-ending list of rules we had come up with over time! I am learning to manage my responses to our children’s negative behaviour. We have introduced the “repenting bench” and have the kids who are having issues with each other hold hands while they are sitting there (I love that part because it makes them smile for a split second despite being so angry at one another). The “Gunny Bag” has been introduced to our family and he comes out when the children have not done their “pick up 10″ or “zones.” We are also reassessing our family traditions and “I love you rituals” and thinking about what will be the most important memories for our children as they grow up. Thank you so much for the help, ideas, inspiration and motivation I needed!” – Megan Yates “I just want to thank you both with all of my heart for the wonderful training. I learned SO MUCH! It literally reminded me that I can have goals, make changes and have the family of my dreams. I had completely forgotten that. I was just in survival mode. I am now striving to take baby steps to make things better. I know I can do it!” – Suzy Gallup “These trainings helped us realize that we’re doing a lot of things right – and that was so affirming. We loved the chance to hear so many new ideas and discuss together what we really want to teach our children and what methods will best lead us to our end goals. Thank you so much!”- Geoff and Deborah Wallace [/collapsible] [collapsible title=”How much?” title_prefix=””]
[collapsible title=”How do I participate?” title_prefix=””]
How do I participate?
Simply sign up below, and you’ll be set up for ongoing access to the online training materials including webinars, worksheets and supplemental materials. Then carve out some quiet time to sit in front of your computer (with your husband if you can) and enjoy listening to April and Saren share the tried-and-true ideas they’ve gathered from families around the world. You can watch in 15-minute increments if that’s what works with your schedule, or you can block out larger chunks of time to delve into one full part of the three-part training in one sitting. Many couples have enjoyed watching one webinar a month and having a great family-building discussion as they watch and complete the exercises provided (and perhaps enjoy a favorite dessert while watching!). You can come back and review the videos and activities whenever you’d like.
Register for the Family Systems training below:
Virtual Retreat Option
If you’d like, you can purchase a full “Virtual Retreat” package which includes the complete curriculum we typically offer at our Retreats. This package includes the Family Systems online training AND our Mommy is a Person online training (regular price is $59) for the package price of just $97.*