- Clean up garbage at a park or in your neighborhood.
- Ride your bike or walk wherever you go.
- Plant a tree or start your garden.
- Make a pinecone bird feeder or other nature crafts.
- Go on a nature hike and do a picture scavenger hunt, finding different plants, flowers and animals.
- Reduce, reuse and recycle all day long.
- Hold a bottle drive or take in your own bottles to the bottle depot and then donate the money to a worthy cause or charity. A great idea would be to donate to the Japan relief effort. Every little bit counts!
- April 18-24 is Screen-Free Week! Turn off all electronics for the week: no television, no DS, no X-Box, no Wii, no iPods, no internet. Turn it all off and tune into your family. With out all of these distractions you will be surprised at how much time you have to talk, play and enjoy the outdoors. Make a plan so that the kids aren’t just sitting inside begging you to turn on their favorite show. Take them out for a beautiful hike, go for a family bike ride, fly a kite and do some of the suggestions above to make it a memorable family day. For more information, see the official Screen-Free Week website.
While spending quality time with your family, you will be doing your part to take care of our earth. Together we can make a difference!