What do you do when cutting out sugar and pushing exercise don’t produce results?
Join April Perry and Jonathan Bailor as they share sound advice–based on experience AND science to help any child or any family looking for long-term health and wellness.
(BONUS material included in this podcast…meet Jonathan Bailor’s mother in an exclusive Power of Moms interview that will inspire you to stand tall as a deliberate mother.)
As a bonus to this podcast, here is a video interview featuring Jonathan Bailor and his mother, Mary.
The audio from this interview is included in the audio podcast above, but we thought you might want to see how DARLING she is!
Main points from the first section of the podcast:
- Being overweight is emotionally harder for your child than he/she will admit.
- Misinformation is more likely the cause of unhealthy habits, not weakness or lack of discipline.
- Once you understand what causes and prevents obesity, then obesity becomes a choice.
- We can crowd out the unhealthy choices by filling ourselves with wholesome choices. In the end a healthy body allows us to have more choices in life.
- By giving your children the instruction manual on the body they’ve been given, you are setting them up for success.
- We want the next generation to be healthy, thriving, and vibrant. We need to give them the information they need to become healthy.
Other thoughts shared in the recording:
- One out of every three children in the U.S. is overweight.
- A University of Florida study found that 80% of adults who were once overweight said they would rather be blind or have a leg amputated than to be overweight again.
- Consider the choices on a children’s menu. What do you typically see?
- Parents can frame healthy choices like Jonathan’s mother did. “Eat more _______, so you can (be like, have fun doing, etc.) _______ .”
- Sit down with your child/children and discuss what foods are best for our bodies.
- For a quick-start blueprint, visit http://sanesolution.com.
- Subscribe to Jonathan’s podcast, The SANE Show
- Learn about the SANE Families program created by Jonathan, April, and April’s 15-year-old daughter, Alia
Music from Creations by Michael R. Hicks
Audio editing by Christy Elder
Podcast outline by Andrea Davis
Photo of April, Alia, and Jonathan by http://rachelclare.com
Image of scale by Clare Bloomfield at freedigitalphotos.net