Like members of any other serious profession, mothers need opportunities to network with other moms and share “best practices” in their field.
Our highly-acclaimed Power of Moms Retreats and Webinars offer deliberate mothers the ideas, motivation, and comfort they crave.
Upcoming Online Events
(Click the link above for dates, times and registration.)
Upcoming In-Person Events
Family Systems Mini-Retreat in Utah County: January 10th, 2015 (Register here.)
Full day Retreat in Sacramento, CA area: Tentatively planned for February, 2015
Full day Retreat in Highland, UT: Tentatively planned for March, 2015
Annual Park City Premium Retreat at the home of Bestselling Parenting Authors, Richard and Linda Eyre: May 2015 (registration opens in March, 2015)
Based on Retreat Requests we’ve received so far, we’re also looking at doing future events in 2015 or 2016 in the following locations:
- Dallas, TX
- Bay Area/Northern CA
- Los Angeles, CA
(If you’re interested in attending a Retreat in one of these areas, please be sure you and your friends have filled out the Retreat request form below, and we’ll keep you notified.)
For anyone who’d like to bring a Power of Moms Retreat to her area, here’s what to do:
(1) Take 30 seconds to fill out this interest form below (there’s no obligation to actually attend the Retreat)
(2) Email this page to your friends (or quickly share it on Facebook or other social networking sites) and invite them to fill it out, as well.
Power of Moms will schedule our Retreats based on the locations that have the most requests. (We’re so excited to meet you in person!)
Retreat Request Form
Want to Host a Retreat?
If you volunteer your spacious home, clubhouse, or a large meeting room you have access to as a venue for one of our Retreats, you and three friends will be able to attend free of charge, and you will be helping to support many mothers by helping bring a Retreat to your area.
[collapsible title=”Learn More About Retreat Locations” title_prefix=””]
Our main goal with our Retreats is to gather mothers to a beautiful location and give them an opportunity to strengthen each other, participate in meaningful discussions, and return home armed with ideas and inspiration to help them build great families.
A Day Retreat typically lasts from 9 am to 5 pm on a Saturday (set-up happens with a few volunteers the night before), and it includes conference-style presentations (with lots of audience participation), a lovely lunch with powerful discussion groups, and several break-out sessions for small group conversations.
We focus on topics such as taking care of the person inside the mom, establishing family systems for discipline, chores, and traditions, moving good ideas forward, and keeping a healthy perspective on motherhood. Each Retreat has been incredible. Not because we think we’re incredible, but because the mothers who attend are deliberate, sharp, wonderful women who want to create strong families. Simply being in a room with so many good women who want to grow and learn from each other is powerful. And we help facilitate great discussions while providing lots of exciting tried-and-true ideas.
Here are the details on our location search:
- What are we looking for? While we do consider some beautiful hotels and event centers, we generally look for a large home that can seat between 50 and 90 mothers. (We won’t be bringing our children, so it will stay very clean!) By holding the Retreat in a home, we are able to keep the costs down and enable more mothers to attend. We are also able to provide more discounted rates for mothers who really want to attend but might not be struggling financially. Plus we’ve found that a home atmosphere works beautifully for our subject matter.
- Location: We typically look for a home that is relatively close to an airport and reasonably-priced hotels. We also try to choose a city that is a central gathering point in your area (so we can easily involve mothers from surrounding cities).
- Ideal amenities: Convenient parking, a light and bright atmosphere, space for lunch discussion groups to be held outside, at least two restrooms that can be used by attendees, and the ability to bring in outside catering.
- What will Power of Moms provide? Chair rental (if needed), a catered lunch to be brought in, helpers to set up and clean up after the event, etc. Basically, if a homeowner is kind enough to co-sponsor this Retreat, we will take care of all the details and do our best to create as little disruption as possible.
These large rooms have worked well for past Retreats:
If you have a location that you would be willing to share, please fill out the form above and let us know–or email additional information and photos to contact (at) powerofmoms.com. Thanks!
Come on your own OR come with Friends!
Full Information on Retreats
Click here for lots of great quotes, reports and testimonials that convey the power of these life-changing events.
Virtual Retreat Opportunity
If you’re not able to make it to one of the in-person Retreats listed above, our Virtual Retreats are a great way to get started. You can experience in our “core curriculum,” and then you’ll be totally ready to dive into deeper discussions when a live Retreat does come to your area! Click here for full Virtual Retreat details.