Like public speaking? Enjoy facilitating discussions? Want to make a real difference in your community? Want to make extra money at the same time?
If so, we need YOU!
What is a Power of Moms Trainer?
The Power of Moms is building up a strong group of women across the country who present empowering, meaningful workshops and Retreats for the mothers in their community. Websites are great – but many moms really crave the opportunity to get together and learn from each other face-to-face! Using our Power of Moms core curriculum materials, you can make a real difference in your community, hone your presentation and discussion-facilitation skills, and make a little extra money through serving as a Power of Moms Trainer and holding workshops and Retreats for 15-30 moms at a time.
What Does The Power of Moms Provide for Trainers?
We provide our Trainers with everything they need to present excellent workshops and Retreats including:
- Training in presentation and facilitation skills (you should come to this position with some experience and talent in these areas – but we’ll help you hone those skills)
- Training materials including outlines for each topics, talking points to cover, and some worksheets for attendees. Some topics also include PowerPoint presentations and very soon we’ll offer videos with brief introductions by Power of Moms founders or keynote speakers that can be shown to attendees to kick off a topic.
- Marketing ideas to help you spread the word about your Workshops and Retreats (plus we’ll advertise the events you put together on our website and put together registration pages for you).
The Power of Moms core curriculum outlines and materials used by our trainers include these topics:
- Taking Care of the “Me” in the “Mom” (creating some “me time” each day when you can pursue your own interests and passions, learning to control your negative thoughts and accept yourself as your own kind of perfect mother, pursuing your passions, and taking care of yourself physically – you can’t draw water from an empty well!)
- Family Systems that Work (family economy, family rules, family identity – great to present to moms or to couples)
- Mind Organization for Moms (systems for helping moms live with more purpose, more progress and less stress)
- Five Steps to Less Stress (a starter version of our full Mind Organization program that can be taught well in an hour)
What Can I Do as a Power of Moms Trainer?
As a Power of Moms Trainer, you can:
- run a premium Learning Circle (where participants pay a little more and you take care of all discussion facilitation and logistics)
- present 90-minute to 3-hour workshops as often as you choose in your community. Workshops can be held in homes or in a library or community center. We can help you find a great, free location.
- put on a weekend Retreat at a cabin or vacation home or be invited to come and train at a Retreat organized by someone else
- help us organize and present a Premium Power of Moms Retreat (backed by our central organization)
- act as a Power of Moms coach. When moms need one-on-one help setting up their M.O.M. program or family systems, we’ll match them up with one of our trainer/coaches who can work with them via phone, email and in-person.
How Do I Certify as a Power of Moms Trainer?
To certify as one of our Trainers, you’d need to:
- Send us your application (simply email us your answers to the questions at the end of this page)
- Send us a 2-5 minute video of yourself presenting a concept from one of your favorite articles at The Power of Moms (you can upload your video to YouTube and email the link – can be very rough – we just want to catch a glimpse of you in action!)
- Attend a Retreat. You can come to an existing Retreat that includes a special train-the-trainer session at the end of the Retreat or help us set up a Retreat in your own community, attend that Retreat and receive training as part of that experience.
- Purchase your Trainer Manual and Core Curriculum Materials. We charge a one-time fee of $100 to provide you with initial training as a trainer, access to our trainer manual offering step-by-step instructions and timelines for planning, preparing and presenting wonderful workshops, and access to our tried-and-true outlines, power point slides, worksheets, videos and everything you need to offer wonderful workshops on our core curriculum topics.
We recommend that prospective and new Trainers run a Learning Circle for a few months as a great way to hone their discussion-facilitation skills, get to know the Power of Moms materials, and develop a core group of supporters and friends who can help recruit for the trainer’s workshops and Retreats. Then Trainers typically move on to running workshops in their community and, once they’ve got a solid following, they start running Retreats as well.
What Does it Cost?
Once you’ve certified as a Power of Moms Trainer (you pay any costs associated with attending a Retreat plus $100 for your one-time Trainer start-up fee that gives you access to the trainer manual and core curriculum materials), your costs are minimal and your opportunities for impacting other moms’ lives while making a little extra money are great. After your start-up costs, you’ll just pay dues per person who attends each of your Retreats.
WORKSHOPS and DAY RETREATS OR HALF-DAY RETREATS: Every time you do a workshop, you charge participants what the market will bear in your area (typically $30 – $75 per person for a 2-3 hour workshop including some refreshments). You pay The Power of Moms $10 per participant for their Power of Moms Dues (this covers a 6-month subscription for each attendee to our powerful Bloom Game that will help them truly implement all that they’ve learned at your workshop) and keep the rest. (In the case of a Mind Organization for Moms workshop, you pay $40 in dues per participant so they can all receive the full M.O.M. online program and eBook in conjunction with your training).
We create a registration page for your workshops and advertise all upcoming workshops on our website to help you recruit participants. We support you every step of the way but of course, you’ll need to do a lot of leg-work yourself to fill your events.
RETREATS: You pay a one-time fee of $50 for your Retreat Organizer Guide. Then you pay dues for each participant attending each Retreat you conduct. We support you with advice and ideas plus advertise your Retreat on our website.
- Retreat Organizer Guide: Pay $5o for the Retreat Organizer Guide (full instructions, invitation templates, email templates for coordinating with attendees, agendas, etc.). You never pay this fee again. The manual is yours to use again and again if you want to do more Retreats.
- Dues: Pay $30 dues for each person who attends your Retreat (This includes a Learning Circle Start-Up Kit, a 6-month subscription to the Bloom Game, and the eBook, “Five Steps to Less Stress.” This is the only fee you’d ever pay more than once – every time you put on a Retreat, you’d need to pay us $30 per person out of the money they pay you.)
- Cost to Attendees: For a weekend of training, a night or two of accommodations and food, most Retreats charge attendees anywhere from $150 (at a free location such as a vacation home donated to the cause and with organizers doing the cooking to keep meal costs low) to $400 for a high-end Retreat (at a high-cost resort or spa with catered meals and expensive meeting room rental fees).
- Your Proceeds: After subtracting out whatever you paid to become certified as a Power of Moms Trainer and the cost of the training materials needed for your Retreat (you can purchase trainer materials/outlines as you need them – no need to purchase them up front), you may just break even or make a modest amount on your first Retreat. But with subsequent Retreats, you’ll only have to pay The Power of Moms that $30 per participant for dues and you can make a quite a bit of money. Of course, the money you make will be secondary to the wonderful feeling you get from really helping moms lay claim on the life they really want! Trainers often work with friends who help them deal with all the logistics of a Retreat and divide up the proceeds.
Who are the current Power of Moms Trainers?
We currently have 50 Power of Moms Trainers. Some are actively conducting trainings and some are taking a break as they focus more fully on their families for a time. To see sample bios of our trainers, click HERE.
How do I apply to be a Trainer?
Sound like something you’d like to do? Contact Tiffany (firstname.lastname@example.org) with answers to the following questions so we can ensure you’d be a good match for a trainer position (just copy and paste the questions into an email). We’d love to have you involved!
Questions for Prospective Trainers:
1. What experience do you have with teaching, public speaking, and/or facilitating discussions? Do you currently have a Learning Circle?
2. Why do you want to be a Power of Moms Trainer?
3. Where do you live? (We’re working to ensure that we don’t set up too many trainers in one area and thus breed competition for participants!)
4. What would you like to do as a Power of Moms Trainer? Which workshops and topics appeal most to you? What size/location do you envision for the workshops you’d conduct? Would you want to train at Retreats or focus mainly on Workshops? When do you think workshops would work for the moms you know (Saturdays? Evenings?…)
5. How would you envision spreading the word about your Workshops and/or Retreats?
6. Share a few things about yourself (i.e. number and ages of your kids, educational background, work experience, favorite things to do, blog or website address if you have one).
7. How would you like to certify as a Trainer? Will you attend an existing Retreat or help put together a Retreat in your own area?